We have a new found friend at our house....a small, brown, cottontail bunny. He has somehow managed to get into our backyard - which is fenced in! I think I've found the spot where he dug underneath. He has made the cutest little bunny tracks all over in the snow. We saw him today, digging in the snow until he found grass to eat. Poor thing is starving I'm sure. He's very small and appears to be alone. I opened the blinds to show Brayden and when he spotted the bunny, he started laughing and pointing at it. He continues to try to get me to come into his room and hold him up to the window to look out at the bunny again. I've debated about feeding him some carrots or something - I'd hate for him to be hungry....yet I don't know if I want him to hang around. Thankfully, we have no garden or landscaping in the backyard yet for him to ruin. If it was just this one little bunny, I wouldn't have a problem with feeding him, but I'm scared he will bring all of his little bunny friends over and we will have a REAL problem. We had seen his tracks for a couple days but never any bunny. We thought it was maybe a jack rabbit and that he jumped the fence....for those who haven't seen these jack rabbits...they are kinda scary! I definately don't want one of them in my yard. But this little guy seems harmless and Brayden seems to love him. We will see what happens with this story....
No comments:
Post a Comment