Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Memories

Before Brayden was born, we bought a number of different styles of pacifers (probably 4 or 5)...or "pluggies" as we call them in our house. Brayden took to having a pluggie immediately and found the style that he seems to be most comfortable with which was the Gerber Nuk. I decided to put the rest of the other styles away in the cupboard.
Months later, Brayden was probably 8 or 9 months old, I was in a cleaning frenzy! I decided to re-organize this cupboard and came across the old pacifiers. Just as I was going through them, Jeremy called me from the other room to come and help him with something. I set the pacifiers on the chair I was standing on and left the room. I came back a minute later to find Brayden standing by the chair, putting each pluggie in his mouth, trying it both right side up and upside down. He would then throw the pluggie on the floor - apparently it wasn't the right one. He did this with each pacifier sitting on the chair while we watched from around the corner. He eventually found the original pluggie that he previously had in his mouth and walked away satisfied. We stood there laughing at how he was able to continue looking until he found what he wanted....he definately knows what he wants!
This was one of my favorite memories from this past year with Brayden. I love to sit back sometimes and think about specific events like this that have made me smile...and will continue making me smile for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute story! It makes you wonder what's going on in that little mind of theirs...it's always turning and thinking of something! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete